Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mmm... pregnancy insomnia, how I've missed you.

Not really, but how I've missed those long, slow nights of sitting beside the window while snow drifted by outside, sipping tea and listening to nothing but the quiet.

I'm wide awake tonight, since every time I try to lie down, I'm either accosted by heartburn or by the baby trying to kick its way out of my belly button. Patience, little one, please? For the sake of my ribs.

It was my last teaching day today at LCG until after the baby comes. Next week I'll be assisting in Youngest's classroom so we can celebrate her birthday at snack time. Providing I'm not in labor at the time.

As much as I've been loving this pregnancy, and in many ways don't want to see it come to an end, I don't think I'll miss the heartburn, or the general feeling of sluggishness. I've decided it's hard being pregnant as a short person. There's not nearly as much room for the baby to hide out inside, so you either go outward toward ridiculous proportions, or everything on the inside gets awkwardly rearranged. In my case, it's been both. My freakishly short arms are not appreciating my current lack of reach (washing dishes has become almost comical).

I have one more load of baby laundry to do, and a few more nesting particulars to take care of in the bedroom, but other than that, I'm feeling quite ready for this baby to come along. After Friday, Boyfriend will be around for a long stretch of time, and I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

You're getting so close! How cool about your blessingway! Those always sounded so awesome to me.