Sunday, January 4, 2009

37 weeks. And tiiiiiiired. Last night I slept really well, though. Better than I have in a few weeks. It was good.

Today I have tons of housecleaning ahead of me. I'm quickly getting to the point where I'm not going to be able to do all this really ambitious stuff (like scrubbing out the huge clawfoot tub) and I want it out of the way before baby makes an appearance. I think if I can start off with everything neat and organized, the kids will be more likely to help me keep it that way.

My mom and I went to the mall last night to get a few last minute things for the girls' birthdays this week. Normally, I have no use at all for malls, but with the weather keeping us inside this winter, it's nice to go somewhere and just walk for a while. I had BH contractions all evening after that, which was nice. They were very mild, but I love feeling my body start to prepare for labor.

So, my plan to post this today was derailed a bit by the unwelcome appearance of sewage in my basement. Luckily, the town came out on a Sunday to clear the access drain out front free of roots from the tree that sits on town property, and by now my basement has the lovely scent of bleach wafting up from it, but all is well, I think.

I have a few more baby things to wash, blankets and such, but I'll need to catch up on our regular laundry first. We couldn't run any water all afternoon while we were waiting for the town to show up.

No comments: