Monday, February 2, 2009

41 weeks and still pregnant, and desperately in need of a blog update, I think. ;-)

We had some dear friends up for a visit last week, hoping that the baby would make its arrival while they were here, but after missing a week of school, they had to head home. I think this is how all my babies have gone, though I've never been so sure of my dates before, so I can't say for certain. With the last two, I had a vague two week window and they tended to come at the end of that (and at the beginning of the month), so I'm thinking this little one is falling right in line.

Whatever she/he's doing in there, she/he's staying active for sure. It's been hard to sleep with all the gymnastics going on at night, and I've found myself bouncing on the birth ball just to get baby to doze off again. It's funny how we can soothe these little ones to sleep before they're even earthside.

I took the older kids to Target yesterday. They got Christmas gift cards from their lovely aunt and uncle in California, and we'd been waiting until the baby came to use them. (It was going to be a special day out with grandma and grandpa.) But I need something to keep me busy, so we went. Middle Boy picked out a Tamagotchi, which he's been coveting for a very, very long time, Youngest got a beautiful wooden music box with a spinning ballerina inside, and Eldest chose Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium (which was very cute) and a package of pixie stix.

So here I am, back to waiting, and trying to keep my hands busy. What I wouldn't give for more yarn at the moment. I've almost worked through my entire stash in the past week.

No comments: